Monday, May 16, 2011

Love's Not a Dream (Poetry Potluck)



Thomas C. Fedro
It’s not stars
drawing your heart to castle walls height,
misting bathe of full moon’s light.


Or wisp of breeze,
whispering please,
lulling you from maiden’s bed
to wake and search and wonder.

Instead,
my love draws smooth
across strings of shadows
below your gaze,
and archers aim
from safety
outside fortress iron.

You’ll be the Queen
on castle walls;
I the rhythm of your dream,
in shadows gray and lost.

May we meet
Heart to heart
With full moon’s light
In between, plenty and want.

Until then,
I play my strings,
Love’s not a dream
To me.

11 comments:

Kavita said...

This is simply wonderful, Henry! Your imagery is so rich and fantastic!!
And oh yea..love's certainly NOT a dream to me either!! And living it is quite something.. isn't it?!?! :)

Really enjoyed this poem, my friend..

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing. Wonderful imagery. Thank you for sharing. My magpie: http://verseinanutshell.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/protect/

Anonymous said...

I love that phrase about being 'the rhythmn of your dreams' - wonderful. The image fits delightfully with your words.
Thanks for visiting my poem earlier.

Victoria said...

C'est bien magnfique, mon ami. There are so many well-turned phrases here.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love is not a dream,
agree.
lovely expression.

Unknown said...

very few poems
seep genuine water in
arid creekbed eyes

WyomingDiva said...

Medieval flavor, contemporary emotion - well written.
http://wyomingdivawritespoetry.blogspot.com/2011/05/fortified-forfeited-nobility.html

Anonymous said...

Really like the flow with this. It comes across like it was right off the top of your head. Nice job and awesome image as well.

Judith C Evans said...

Beautiful images and flow. I love the line "wisp of breeze, whispering please"...it sets a dreamy tone for the poem. Very nice!

Randy Behavior said...

Love your word paint! I have medieval pictures plastered all over the inside of my mind now.

Olivia said...

That is beautiful imagery indeed!
Very well composed- serene n wonderful!!

Hugs xoxox
(See, no one wants that tree gone- neither me)

I'm Just a Man (Recording Experiment ... I can't sing)

I am in the mood to change my tree to a cubic version.