Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cloud Trees



Cloud trees release their fruit to the wind
  a hundred feet above
  in fields of eternal blue.

Clouds are birthed in this grove.

My tears alone water these giants;
  until,
  that is,
  my sorrow runs dry.

But
  do sorrows ever run dry
  this side of  blue sky,
  this underside of clouds,
  where rain falls
  and orange mist rusts red bicycles?

I’d like to move to the sun fruit forest,
  but pay is better here;
  more job security,
  and I am alone
  to create cloud sounds for blue skies,
  and those who live downwind.

I need my trees;
  I’m afraid to leave,
  and the valley needs rain.


For Poetry Potluck

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unique..feel and theme!
Cloud tress..the vision is awestruck with the depth in each word..'
I like the blending of metaphorical touch in these verses..Nice..well done again.

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous poem, I really love this and the feelings it evokes. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the forest feeling all the emotions you've put into this beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

Those trees are beautiful I can see why they'd inspire you and the poem is stunning really stunning. I know how it is to cling to the bottom. Powerful poem

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love your cloud tree.
wow.

LifeInVerse said...

I can't seem to find the "I absolutely love this" button.
You truly are a wordsmith

lucychili said...

lovely trees. they would be hard to leave.

Anonymous said...

Trees are indeed so inspiring, the pic is more than beautiful, the words are gorgeous....An outstanding poem, Henry

I'm Just a Man (Recording Experiment ... I can't sing)

I am in the mood to change my tree to a cubic version.